Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Getting organized...yet again



Yes, I neglect this blog an awful lot. But here I am, trying to hold myself more accountable to getting organized (yet again). Step 1 is to get back into the routine of making a meal plan every week. Doing it any other way (flying by the seat of my pants, what do I have that I can make for dinner tonight) just hasn't been working out so well.

A number of people that I follow on Twitter have mentioned the Plan to Eat web site in the past few weeks. I finally went to check it out, and signed up for the free 30-day trial. After just a couple days, I can't believe how much I love it! It's a recipe file, menu planner and grocery list maker all in one.

So I actually have a meal plan (dinners, anyway) for the week. And yes, I know it's Thursday, and I'm just getting a chance to post the meal plan I'm following this week.

Monday 7/4 - Chicken and burgers on the grill

Tuesday 7/5 - Brats and hotdogs on the grill (These were super yummy! I left out the mustard and sauerkraut.)

Wed. 7/6 - Grilled Turkey and Cheese sandwiches

Thurs. 7/7 - Sloppy Joes, baked beans, apples, chips

Fri. 7/8 - Tortilla Pepperoni Pizzas

Sat. 7/9 - French Dip Sandwiches

Sun. 7/10 - Crock Pot Chicken Fried Pork Chops

For more menu plan ideas, check out Menu Plan Monday over at orgjunkie.com.

No comments: